Skip to content
Call Now Button
Clinicians will wear the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Single use nitrile gloves and plastic apron with each patient.
- Fluid resistant surgical mask (FRSM)
Donning and doffing
- Clinicians must be aware and competent in the donning, doffing, and use of PPE.
- Gloves and aprons to be removed and replaced after each patient appointment.
- FRSM are to be replaced when potentially contaminated, damaged, damp or difficult to breathe through.
- Once removed FRSM cannot be re-used.
Patients and PPE
- Patients will be encouraged to wear face coverings during the appointment and if waiting for an appointment.
- FRSM to be risk assessed by the clinician if there is a possibility of asthma, hay-fever, etc.
- PPE double plastic bagged after use and left for 72 hours and then to be collected by BIFFA waste collection services.
- All cloths, sanitiser wipes, and other used cleaning products to be disposed of as if PPE.