Balham Osteopathic Practice is a regulated healthcare provider working in a COVID secure environment. We are able to keep operating during the November lockdown. We have had to make a number of changes to our clinical approach to ensure a safe working environment.
Patient health and wellbeing has always been at the forefront of everything we do and now is no different. We have put in place a number of different processes to keep both our patients and staff as protected as possible. Following the guidelines issued by Public Health England, the Institute of Osteopathy and the General Osteopathic Council we will be using Personal protective Equipment (PPE) and following a thorough cleaning protocol to ensure the safety of everyone who uses the practice.
The following are some of the measures we have introduced at the practice;
- Triage – we will contact all patients prior to their appointment to ensure that they or members of their household are not experiencing symptoms or have been in contact with others experiencing symptoms linked to COVID-19.
- Social distancing – we will encourage patients to arrive at their appointment time to ensure they don’t come into contact with other patients.
- Clinic cleaning – the treatment room, hard surfaces and the treatment table will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each patient. We have removed cloth coverings from the treatment table and pillows to allow easy and thorough sanitisation.
- The osteopaths will be wearing PPE consisting of a face mask, apron and gloves. PPE will be disposed of in an appropriate manner after each appointment.
- Patients will be asked to use hand sanitiser on arrival at the clinic and to use a face covering.
These are some of the measures we will taking so I that we can ensure the safety of all people using the practice. Further information on clinic protocols and procedures can be found on the Covid-19: Practice News section on this website.
The guidelines the practice is following are updated regularly as we receive new advice from our regulatory organisations.